An independent childbirth education center offering Lamaze childbirth classes, Breastfeeding classes and support, Infant Care classes, and Infant Safety classes
Calm Mother® Meditation Class
Fridays April 5, 12, 19 and 26 - From 12:00 – 2:00 p.m
Stress is a part of life but doesn't need to overwhelm you. At it's core Calm Mother is stress management techniques.
The meditations taught in class are the following:
- Calm Mother is a reclining progressive neuromuscular meditation that brings healing tothe nervous system, improves immune system function and improves any side effects from the birthing process.
- Sitting Into Energy Body is sitting meditation offering transformative breathing for self healing.
- Breath Feeding/Breast Breathing is a breast feeding meditation to offer the child optimal nourishment, physically and energetically.
- Practice of Healing is compassionate breathing practice that strengthens a woman's innate healing ability and enhances her inner strength with increased life responsibilities.
- Calm Parents is a sitting meditation with the child. Both parents learn to give and receive peace with their child and recognize that they are all teachers for each other of life's wisdoms.
The Calm Mother class is a 4 week series held on Fridays from 12:00 – 2:00 p.m. at BabyLove in Eagan, MN.
Babies will be with Moms at these classes, so the class structure is designed around comfort and convenience.
Please bring what you would need to help you both be as comfortable as possible, which might include blankets, pillows, diaper bags etc..
The cost of the class is $125 for all 4 class sessions. The class is running Friday(s) January 4, 11, 18 and 25Questions: Please contact: Ellie Ott CMT, ICCE, ICD, Certified Calm Birth teacher
Website: ellieott.com; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
My bachelor's degree is from the University of Wisconsin Eau Claire in biology, with a topical minor in health psychology. My fascination with the human body led me to explore the mind/body healing philosophy. I earned my certification as a massage therapist and health educator at the National Holistic Institute in Berkeley, CA in 1997.
While working as a massage therapist, life brought us (my husband and I) the excitement of children, entrepreneurship and living overseas.
Since returning to the U.S. in 2006, I have earned my certification as a childbirth educator, doula and Calm Birth® meditation teacher. I feel the magnificence of a woman just continues to grow throughout her life. I am humbled by the brilliant teachers who have entered my life, particularly the females who have helped me to find my own inner strength and well being.
I have over 15 years of experience in health and wellness as a certified massage therapist, childbirth educator, doula and Calm Birth® instructor. I also currently teache classes privately and at hospitals throughout the Twin Cities in addition to providing doula services across the Metro Area.
It is my firm belief that we are in the era of self-care and I am honored to be able to share what I have learned on my journey in an effort to be of assistance to others who are committed to self-empowerment through varied forms of education and support.
Back to Home Page